Saturday, March 31, 2012

DO YOU NEED A SIGN?

Quite a few years ago I met a young man from up north. I wouldn't say we were close friends, but we had something in common. We both claimed to know Jesus as our Savior.

I lost track of Joel for a few years. About four months ago I happened to see him in downtown Cochran and a conversation ensued. I discovered that Joel was now married and had a little girl named Ellie. Ellie is a charming and inquisitive two year old.

I invited Joel and his wife Sam to attend a Bible study that we hold in our home on Thursday evenings. Like so many invitations, it was unheeded...until...

Two weeks ago I was getting ready for the Bible study when my cell phone rang. I couldn't get to it in time, but on my caller ID I saw the call was from Joel. I tried calling back, but no answer. I sent a text saying, "If this is about Bible study it's tonight at 7PM. See you then."

Joel showed up, but his story was almost too wild to believe. Apparently Ellie had found the cell phone, scrolled down through the names until mine came up and then punched my number. When I called back Joel was unable to locate the phone at first, but when he did he read my text.

Feeling it was a "sign" from God, Joel hopped in his car with Ellie and away they came. On the way there was a brilliant rainbow that ended...you guessed it...right at our house!

Don't you just love it when God puts things together?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home